Sunday, May 14

liberty twirl

Miss L is all about 'twirl' these days. Skirts and dresses will not be looked at unless they have a decent 'twirl' factor. Who knew 4 year olds could be so critical of a twirl fullness or lack thereof! So in efforts to provide Miss L with the perfect winter twirl skirt, I purchased some beautiful liberty pin cord off ebay. It arrived recently and was so gorgeous I nearly lost my nerve to cut it, but I had promised, so scissors came out. There hasn't been a whole lot of time for crafting recently as Miss L has been preciously demanding recently, which can make a crafty mother rather irritable! So this morning, after been given a beautiful pair of earrings and necklace chosen by Miss L and purchased by Dad, I finished the twirl skirt. I was happy to find that it perfectly matched a piece of cherry grosgrain thrifted recently, so that provided a finish that I adore. So here it is

the twirl skirt. (posing on the swing was Miss L's idea! worked beautifully)

What am I wearing? My fantastic denim Akira skirt that apparently shows the right amount of twirl! (sorry no photo) and an alannah hill jumper that I accidently shrunk last year, and is now a little cardi/bolero thingy. (sorry for the crappy photo)


So in our finery we are off to have a scrumptious lunch at the Carisle Wine Bar.


Hope you all have a wonderful mother's day too.

P.S. very behind with posting about swaps etc. so will try to get that done in next few days....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. Happy Mothers day.

Anonymous said...

Twirl factor frenzy - I seem to be hearing alot about twirls of late!Glad it isn't just my daughter!Skirt looks great

Cally said...

I was so rushed last week I forgot to say how much I loved this photo, I got distracted by Cyril the Squirrel.