Saturday, February 16

another not so average joe blogger



you may remember towards the end of last year, I posted an interview with Linda of Two Pink Possums.  This year I am continuing this series and my first interviewee is Carolyn from Comfy & Cosy a blog I have been reading for quite a while now, and always admiring her op shop finds.  So get to know her a little bit more;

1. Where did your blog name come from?
We use the words comfy and cosy often in our house: it’s to be warm (or cool!), safe and content, doing something or nothing, with someone or thinking of someone, feeling good to be home. I also think of it as Me and Him together, the two of us: old comfy and cosy.

2. What inspires you to blog?
Other bloggers! I’m so inspired by the collections and creativity shown on by people on their blogs. At first it was the big bloggers, as I think of them, like Loobylu , Nikki-Shell , Angry Chicken , Hop Skip Jump , 62Cherry and Aunty Cookie.

The amazing Australian and NZ community of bloggers inspires me (just look at my blogroll!). There are so many people with similar interests and collections that we can connect on.

In my neck of the woods, I like to blog about my op-shop finds, the fabric and buttons (oh the buttons!) and books I pick up along the way. I slip in the occasion bit of knitting or embroidery (oh so occasional!).

3. How often do you read other blogs?
I read blogs every day. I sometimes get a little fixated and the blog reading becomes an obsession. But I can also let go and my bloglines show all the catching up I have to do. I always read my Aus/NZ bloglines first and for some reason
Ask Moxie  (not very craft-related!).

4. If you could only read one blog, which one would you choose?
That’s far too hard to answer but I really, really like
Muppinstuff for her wonderful photos, creativity and her wonderful ability to write about day to day life.

5. What's your favourite crafting tool?
Buttons! (Are buttons a tool?)

6. If you could have your dream job tomorrow, what would it be?
I think I’d like to sell fabric. And buttons! An online and mail order shop: something where I could post out a newsletter. So maybe not all online after all. I’d like to combine the wonderful immediacy of the internet with the thrills of receiving newsletters and cards and parcels in the mail. I LOVE parcels, wrapping and addressing them, going to the post office: the whole process. So, something mail order, I think.

So please, go over and say hello to Carolyn.  She is celebrating her blogoversary and has a giveaway too.

And check out my first post at I Op therefore I Am.

*Note: the bangles were recently spotted in Husk at Albert Park.

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Great interview - I love these and great post over at I op. I agree with the bustless vintage era, what goes on there?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your interviews. I get to read about people whose blogs I might not otherwise read. Thanks!!!

Stacey said...

Great interview Sam! I do like reading the "behind the scenes" stuff on other people's blogs.
As well as being bustless, I think alot of vintage era women were bum-less as well. You wouldn't believe how often I've tried on dresses in vintage shops, only to not be able to get them up past my Rubenesque rear end.

fi said...

thanks for the interview! i thought it was just my curves!praise the lord its not just me!!

Anonymous said...

this was great to read about Carolyn, thank you! Your list of books is VERY impressive!!!!!!!!!!! go you!!

Janet said...

aw shucks, thank you...