Thursday, July 20

I really must

thank a lot of people. I really must. I have been quite remiss in acknowledging some of the wonderful things the postman has brought to our house recently. There has been a bit of talk in the crafty blog land about the etiquette of swaps, see here for example. I think it is nice to post about gifts and swaps, just simply to acknowledge and say thank you to the giver. I will try to keep it as brief as possible.

Amanda and I traded in a recent Open Yours swap, and decided to extend the mag swap to ourselves too. Amanda sent some lovely fabric and a great bag she made, some chocolate that went long ago, as well as two magazines - one (Adorn) which went to my sister for her birthday. The photo also shows some wonderful goodies including fabulous papers that Jessica sent, with the gorgeous little shadowbox. This was in exchange for a trio of squirrels. (If you check out her site, everything will become much clearer!) Thank you so much Amanda and Jessica - just love everything.

Also my One Skein Secret Pal, sent this wonderful skein of Noro, which is fabulous colours and I can't yet decide which project to use it for.
Thank you whoever you are Secret Pal!

Then a quick thank you to the two people who made the first purchases from the whizzme shop - such a boost when someone actually wants what you make.


I have also received my Rowan exchange gift, and a beautiful work of art from Irisz, but unfortunately have been unable to take photos yet. I did manage to finally post my own gift to my rowan exchangee. The second pair of socks I have knitted which I was really happy with so have started my third pair for me, and a hot water bottle cover, slightly felted. The socks are made with Debbie Bliss DK merino and the bottle cover with an Australian merino wool that I long ago lost the band for. I also included two skeins of handdyed and handspun silk/linen from the Victoria Hand Spinners & Weavers Guild.

Finally, I must also thank two of my local stores - one for having a HUGE sale, and one for such delightful service & products. Mum, you may want to look away now, because the photos below may just distress you!!

Amitie, a wonderful patchwork store near me, had a wonderful two day sale (and I have to admit, I went both days!!) But just look at all the gorgeous fabric I came home with. I spent Saturday afternoon having a lovely time, sorting & pressing and putting all the fabrics in with my stash. The stash is now in two parts, as the fabric cupboard is so full I cannot squish anymore into it, lucky we have that guest room! The second store, Little House, sells beautiful linen for baby and children's rooms. While browsing nearby for my sister's birthday present I discovered they also now sell fabric. The lady inside was so welcoming and wonderful to deal with that I know I will head back soon. For $10 I got a wonderful bag of 'scraps' that is now a tempting pile of fabric. I felt like a little kid who found the lolly jar I was so excited unpacking the bag! (I know I really need to get out more!!)

I am off to the Sheep & Wool show on Saturday with a kindred textile spirit, to add to my other stash - yarn of course!! Lucky that tax check arrived....

9 comments:

laura capello said...

Your fabric stash is amazing! You have some wonderful finds!

Anonymous said...

Your Welcome, I stare at your squirrels everyday and love them!

I haven't given them names yet, but i know it will come one day and it will be perfect.

joanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awesome booty, those fabric piles are making me quite jealous...

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Lord. LOOK AT THAT FABRIC! My husband would kill me... but I have a slight fabric addiction as well. Where do you keep all of yours? I have most of mine in fabric covered boxes... but that really isn't working out too well for me....

And you're welcome! I'm glad that you liked everything!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where on earth have you been stashing all those goodies?? Love the socks

thebutterflycollector said...

wow, all that fabric is wonderful, can't wait to see what is made from it!!! I have a really bad habit of buying fabric and letting it sit in boxes forever! Have a look at what my sister is making out of her scrap fabrics, they are gorgeous! www.acoustitch.blogspot.com

Mrs Smith said...

That quitling shop is killing me. We have no such beautiful fabric on teh island. it's all mustard and nasty.

Belinda said...

I'm extremely jealous, I wish I lived Melbourne!