Ok I have to admit that we've been back for a week now and I haven't blogged yet because really I'm just going to show what "princesses" us Whizzme's really are! Because we have all had the sulks since we've been back. Fiji was so good, soooo good that we have been so utterly spoilt (Sitting by the pool, outside our room, sipping cocktails, reading books and magazines*, snoozing, eating) the whole clan is now having trouble adjusting back to the reality of our lives. I know "woe is us" - NOT!
So, in an effort to
slap snap myself out of this horrible self indulgent sulking I have started trying to catch up on a week's worth of blogosphere happenings. Boy have you guys been busy or what?! Many, many wonderful things being made, that I am itching to get to all my projects again.
- bean bag for Wally - has be the most complex patchwork bean bag cover anyone has ever considered making their dog!
- continue hand sewing liberty patches for Miss Whizzme's quilt - only @ 150 to go!!
- recover the floor cushions - chosen the fabric - it's a start!
- rowan exchange knitted socks - so far have only swatched the wool.
- school uniform for Miss Whizzme's school's mascot doll - umm, found a pattern and knitted one tiny sock.
- finish hand stitching two more hoodie's for etsy - pinned and ready to sew
- break out Gocco for some trial runs - still sitting in box
- fix holes in Mr Whizzme' socks - sitting in laundry basket
- fix tags on Miss Whizzme's apron - sitting in laundry basket
- fix cushion cover from Grandma - sitting in laundry basket
Hmm, you might see that list is getting a little out of hand again - ahh, variety, the spice of life!
* For those who are interested these are the books I read while we were in Fiji:
Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
The Good Parents by Joan London
The Gardens of the Dead by William Brodrick