Friday, June 27

sulking



Ok I have to admit that we've been back for a week now and I haven't blogged yet because really I'm just going to show what "princesses" us Whizzme's really are! Because we have all had the sulks since we've been back.  Fiji was so good, soooo good that we have been so utterly spoilt (Sitting by the pool, outside our room, sipping cocktails, reading books and magazines*, snoozing, eating) the whole clan is now having trouble adjusting back to the reality of our lives.  I know "woe is us" - NOT!

So, in an effort to slap snap myself out of this horrible self indulgent sulking I have started trying to catch up on a week's worth of blogosphere happenings. Boy have you guys been busy or what?! Many, many wonderful things being made, that I am itching to get to all my projects again. 
  • bean bag for Wally - has be the most complex patchwork bean bag cover anyone has ever considered making their dog!
  • continue hand sewing liberty patches for Miss Whizzme's quilt - only @ 150 to go!! 
  • recover the floor cushions - chosen the fabric - it's a start!
  • rowan exchange knitted socks - so far have only swatched the wool.
  • school uniform for Miss Whizzme's school's mascot doll - umm, found a pattern and knitted one tiny sock.
  • finish hand stitching two more hoodie's for etsy - pinned and ready to sew
  • break out Gocco for some trial runs - still sitting in box
  • fix holes in Mr Whizzme' socks - sitting in laundry basket
  • fix tags on Miss Whizzme's apron - sitting in laundry basket
  • fix cushion cover from Grandma - sitting in laundry basket
Hmm, you might see that list is getting a little out of hand again - ahh, variety, the spice of life!  

* For those who are interested these are the books I read while we were in Fiji:

Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
1 star
Found this book disappointing. I did not engage with the characters, in fact I loathed him and really willed myself to finish the story. His insensitivity to anything around him I found frustrating and really didn't want to waste my time with him! A quick read that I know many have loved, but I am not one of them! Sorry best friend!! 

The Good Parents by Joan London
5 stars
I loved this book. Read it on holiday in Fiji so was a quick but really absorbing read. Loved all the characters and the way the moved in and out of the story from past to present. Liked it being set in Australia too. Easy to read, heart warming.

The Gardens of the Dead by William Brodrick
4 stars
Bought in Fiji - a wonderfully fast paced, engaging read. Lots of wonderful characters, twists and complexity. sometimes maybe a little too much! 

and a truckload of magazines!!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

oooh Do break out Gocco - you will ove it. I did my first ever two colour thingo last night . I am seriously in love with Mr gocco.

Cosy said...

Yay for Fiji!

Gosh you've got lovely feet (don't want to even pull mine out from under the doona!) and great toenail colour.

Stacey said...

Oh no, the Ian McEwan wasn't any good? I love him. At least you've saved me $30!
Sounds like you had a lovely time. Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Yes, nice princessy feet!! You are doing so many things: I am sure you will cope with your lack of Royalness and the Woe will pass!!!