Sunday, October 29

What's up Doc?

This is the question I posed to my doctor last week. I seem to be caught in a rut of tedium and disappointment which equals flatness and flightiness. I have found in really hard over the past few weeks to really get back into my projects - and haven't even be able to begin new ones without a cloud of discontent. This is not like me and so frustration has set in. I realised only a few days ago that really I am still getting over the disappointment of our house hunting. To add to that is now uncertainty with R's job which looks to drag on with no clear outcome for a while - bugger. So it was with some relief that I went off to my sewing group yesterday - sewing group (as nerdy as it might sound) supplies a group of women who can happily chat, gossip, discuss, sew, drink tea and eat delectable treats for 5 hours - bliss! It always supplies me with a much needed boost, and if projects go awry there is always a helping hand. Sometimes just being with some girlfriends is the best therapy. So, I am hoping that things will start to resemble my 'normal' life again soon... Here is a picture of me wearing my new top (sewing group project from yesterday) and snacking on my current obession - wasabi peas.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Now there's that knitting to finish, those bags to finish, and the squid, and those retro toys for etsy and the....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasabi peas sound weird - I am on a popcorn bender at the moment. Your hair looks good. Sorry that life's a bit of a chore - maybe some of my discontent psychically travelled along the sister connection as I always have tonnes to spare! Zoe failed to fit into two party dresses yesterday so Miss L. will be getting extra treats with Nanny's visit!
And just to add... U2, U2, U2... yeah!

Anonymous said...

tea and goodies always seem to do the trick. The kettle is always on at my place.

Anonymous said...

Its awful when you get a run of "that flat" feeling. When it happens to me I always think of people with depression and how it never goes away for them!! A very serious problem. Hope you are on top again soon. Looking forward to picking up your (my) dolls from Morphe soon!!!

thebutterflycollector said...

you know you are the third post ZI've read today about having that tired flat feeling! I am going through it a bit myself! Which direction to take, what to do with my precious little time! Let's hope it runs it's course quickly and we are back on track soon! Wasabi peas sound interesting, they must be very hot?

Ali said...

Hope it passes soon - your new top is cute! At least your mood didn't make you do ill-will-sewing that goes all bad.

62cherry said...

nice one

laura capello said...

you sound like me... and the... and the... and the... why is it never ending?

cute top!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh yummy wasabi peas!!! now you have me fiending!!! i hope you feel better... house hunting can be frustrating and it puts emotions up and down... but i am sure you guys will get what you want :D

hugs!

Anonymous said...

you'll get your sewing mojo back.

I wish I had a sewing group..one that had girls under 40! The ones I have been to are great and the ladies lovely, but they are mostly in their 60s. It scares me to think that I will have to wait that long to do things that I enjoy with similar aged people!