Wednesday, June 30

Holidays - but not for me



I used to love school holidays. They meant sleeping in, staying in pj's, watching dvd's, having fun. But now that I am a working woman school holidays make me cranky. I am reminded daily that these luxurious holiday pursuits are a thing of the past and I get very close to having childlike tantrums, especially when the sunshine is as beautiful as today. Don't get me wrong I really love my work - when I get there! But the beautiful Miss Whizzme now a confident 8 year old has been helping me enjoy the holidays a little more this week.


I have received breakfast & the perfect cup of tea in bed, enjoyed a cuddle with Wally the wonder dog and had stories, pictures and all manner of gifts bestowed upon me. So I am going back to loving school holidays, because life is too short to have regrets.

2 comments:

Frogdancer said...

I just love school holidays!

Of course, that may be because I'm a teacher...

Anonymous said...

hope you are well Sam!! xx